I am a builder when I use … KIND AND COURTEOUS WORDS (changing the world for the better)
Teaching children the importance of friendship and kindness, this classic quote and book will give you many lessons. “‘Why did you do all this for me?’ he asked. ‘I don’t deserve it. I’ve never done anything for you.’ ‘You have been my friend,’ replied Charlotte. ‘That in itself is a tremendous thing.’” – Charlotte’s Webb, E.B White.
- April 12 – Virtual Parent Empowerment Meeting 7pm – 8pm
- April 14 – No Sistema
- April 14 – Dance Company and Ballroom Team Auditions 2:30pm – 5:30pm
- April 15 – No School – Elementary Only
- April 15 – Parent Teacher Conference 8am – 12pm
- April 19 – AP and concurrent enrollment Parent night 6pm-7pm
- April 20 – Hope Assembly 12:45pm-2:10pm
School Contact Information
- Press 1 for Elementary Office
- Press 2 for Junior High Office & Secondary attendance
- Press 3 for High School Office
GREAT NEWS! Congratulations to all the talented, hard-working people that make American Preparatory GREAT!
2022 Best of State Utah results came out, and we are excited to announce that American Prep won TEN awards.
- Special Education – American Prep – Special Education Program
- Administrator K-12 – Carolyn Sharette
- Teacher – High School – Craig Hollinger
- Early Childhood Music Education – Connie McCullough
- Seminar Training/Education – Trina Christensen
- Individual Music Instruction – Trina Christensen
- Arts & Entertainment
- Community Music Program – Sistema Utah
- Musical Instruments – Sistema Utah
- Children’s Orchestra – Sistema Utah
- Community Development
- Individual Volunteer – Hannah Christensen (WV2 Senior)
Land Trust election notice
Our annual Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) elections are coming up and we are looking for volunteers to serve for the 2022-2023 school year. The PAC participates with school administration in developing the Annual School Plan, in deciding how the Land Trust monies will be spent, and other matters important to our students at American Preparatory Academy. The PAC generally meets 4 times per year. Members of the PAC will be expected to participate in all of these meetings so that a quorum may be present to conduct business. There are no term limits; as long as the volunteer has students enrolled in the school and is actively participating, they are welcome to continue serving on the committee.
If you are interested, please contact Rebecca Dailey Land Trust Grant Manager at email@example.com no later than Monday, May 9, 2022 at 4pm.
- Your name
- The campus you are running for
- Your students name and grade
- Your phone number and email address
- A short (70 words or less) paragraph on why you are interested in being on the committee.
The ballot link will go home as the last page of the May 13 newsletter and elections will run through Wednesday, May 18. The candidate who receives the most votes will be posted in your campus’ May 20 newsletter. Thank you!
Our Campus is in need of Instructors. We gladly welcome our APA families or friends that would like to come and be a part of our elementary team. If you are interested, click the link to fill out an application. https://bit.ly/3t67NBj
NOW HIRING: KITCHEN CREW 4546 S. Atherton Drive #101 Taylorsville
Shifts 7am to 4pm Monday – Friday Pay: Depending on Experience
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Terms of Employment
● Prepare and prep menu items according to the recipes provided.
● Proper portion control to ensure consistency in all menu items.
● Chop, package, and prepare vegetable
● Food Handlers certificate (may be obtained within 30 days of employment
● All days of the school year with regular attendance required
Go to https://www.americanprep.org/careers/ to apply online.
- Kitchen Manager Description
- https://www.americanprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Central-Kitchen-Manager-Job-Descr iption.pdf
USBE Special Needs Scholarship Opportunity
School districts and Charter schools are required by Utah Law, 53A1a-704(10), to inform parents of students with IEPs enrolled in public schools, of the availability of a scholarship to attend a private school through the Carson Smith Scholarship Program. The Carson Smith Special Needs Scholarship Program (CSS) provides tuition assistance for those who would qualify for special education and related services in public schools, preschool eligible special needs students enrolled in ineligible private schools. The scholarship is for students through 12th grade (3-21 year of age), whose parents choose an eligible private school. For more information on the scholarship, deadline schedule and funding schedule, please visit https://www.schools.utah.gov/specialeducation/programs/carsonsmithscholarship
Parents, if your student is interested in taking an AP class next year or enrolling in concurrent enrollment you must attend an information meeting on April 19th at 6pm in the small gym. We will go over all the information regarding registration, expectations, and ability to earn college credit in high school at a reduced rate. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
APA Reading and Math Lesson Video Bank
Did you know that there are videos for our math lessons on the APA website? This way, if your student is sick for a few days or if they just need another repetition of the teacher teaching it, to get their homework done, they can get the help they need. Just click on the math level your student is and click on the lesson, located on the left-hand side. https://www.americanprep.org/math-and-reading-lessons/
After School Programs
Hello American Preparatory Families!
Welcome back from Spring Break! We are happy to be back with our students and love hearing music ringing in our hallways once more. We had a VERY special day on Monday – the Fry Street Quartet from Utah State University performed for us and worked with our Sistema Utah students as well. It was a marvelous experience filled with smiles and laughter.
Please be sure that your child brings their instrument to school daily if they bring it home to practice. We have the same expectation as the daytime that each student is prepared with their materials daily. That means that every student needs to have their instrument and any music with them for their instrument class.
We have started utilizing our Sistema Google classrooms for your child’s instrument and singing classes. Each student has been invited to join their respective classrooms. There is a video that they need to push play on and practice along with. This will help them to be prepared for our upcoming concert.
Thank you so much for your support!
APA ANNUAL DISTRICT SUPERHERO FUN RUN – SAVE THE DATE – New Venue and Time!
Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 7th – 10am at Oquirrh Lake Running Trail, South Jordan UT.
Join us for a 1k or 5K race, food trucks, silent auction, and fm100.3 with Rusty Keys! We welcome and humbly appreciate VOLUNTEER HELP! Especially Trail Marshals (PS Trail Marshals will receive a FREE T-SHIRT!) Volunteer Sign Up. Use the More details to come…