I am a builder when I use … KIND AND COURTEOUS WORDS (changing the world for the better)
“Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” – Princess Diana
Being kind not only has a direct effect on others, but it has a positive impact on yourself as well. Everybody can use a little bit of kindness in their life, it is about time to start spreading the love. Kindness and courteous words, starts with YOU.
- April 25 – JH Boys Volleyball vs Maeser Prep (Home) 4:30pm-6:30pm
- April 25 – HS Girls Soccer vs Intermountain Christian at Centennial Park Sports Complex 4pm-5:30pm
- April 26 – HS Boys Varsity Soccer Game vs North Summit (Home) 4pm-5:30pm
- April 27 – College Decision Day at the Cafeteria out back. 12:45pm-2:10pm
- April 28 – Sistema Staff and Student Showcase 5pm-6pm
- April 29 – HS Girls Soccer at Intermountain Christian Falcon Park 4pm-5:30pm
- April 30 – HS Track – Davis Invitational 8-3pm at Davis HS
- May 6 – Senior Cook Out and Hike 2:30-8pm
- May 6 – District Art Show
School Contact Information
- Press 1 for Elementary Office
- Press 2 for Junior High Office & Secondary attendance
- Press 3 for High School Office
Land Trust election notice
Our annual Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) elections are coming up and we are looking for volunteers to serve for the 2022-2023 school year. The PAC participates with school administration in developing the Annual School Plan, in deciding how the Land Trust monies will be spent, and other matters important to our students at American Preparatory Academy. The PAC generally meets 4 times per year. Members of the PAC will be expected to participate in all of these meetings so that a quorum may be present to conduct business. There are no term limits; as long as the volunteer has students enrolled in the school and is actively participating, they are welcome to continue serving on the committee.
If you are interested, please contact Rebecca Dailey Land Trust Grant Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, May 9, 2022 at 4pm.
- Your name
- The campus you are running for
- Your students name and grade
- Your phone number and email address
- A short (70 words or less) paragraph on why you are interested in being on the committee.
The ballot link will go home as the last page of the May 13 newsletter and elections will run through Wednesday, May 18. The candidate who receives the most votes will be posted in your campus’ May 20 newsletter. Thank you!
The re-enrollment deadline is vastly approaching. Please make sure to re-enroll your student for the upcoming 2022-23 school year. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Lautaimi Registrar at email@example.com
Parents! We are in need of some volunteers to help judge for our upcoming 9th grade Geography Fair. On the day of the fair, parents will be given a judging sheet and asked to walk around and hear the students’ presentations. It is a fun atmosphere and all the students are eager to show off their hard work. The Geography Fair is on May 18th at 2:15 in the large gym. If you are able to join us, please contact Mrs. Taylor or Mrs. Nunez firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Our Campus is in need of Instructors. We gladly welcome our APA families or friends that would like to come and be a part of our elementary team. If you are interested, click the link to fill out an application. https://bit.ly/3t67NBj
NOW HIRING: KITCHEN CREW
- 4546 S. Atherton Drive #101 Taylorsville
- Shifts 7am to 4pm Monday – Friday Pay: Depending on Experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Terms of Employment
● Prepare and prep menu items according to the recipes provided.
● Proper portion control to ensure consistency in all menu items.
● Chop, package, and prepare vegetable
● Food Handlers certificate (may be obtained within 30 days of employment
● All days of the school year with regular attendance required
Go to https://www.americanprep.org/careers/ to apply online.
Kitchen Manager Description https://www.americanprep.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Central-Kitchen-Manager-Job-Descr iption.pdf
USBE Special Needs Scholarship Opportunity
School districts and Charter schools are required by Utah Law, 53A1a-704(10), to inform parents of students with IEPs enrolled in public schools, of the availability of a scholarship to attend a private school through the Carson Smith Scholarship Program. The Carson Smith Special Needs Scholarship Program (CSS) provides tuition assistance for those who would qualify for special education and related services in public schools, preschool eligible special needs students enrolled in ineligible private schools. The scholarship is for students through 12th grade (3-21 year of age), whose parents choose an eligible private school. For more information on the scholarship, deadline schedule and funding schedule, please visit https://www.schools.utah.gov/specialeducation/programs/carsonsmithscholarship
Elementary Yearbooks are still available! We have a limited number, which will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Please stop by the elementary office to purchase your yearbook, they are no longer available for purchase online. They are $16 for a soft cover, full color yearbook.
APA Reading and Math Lesson Video Bank
Did you know that there are videos for our math lessons on the APA website? This way, if your student is sick for a few days or if they just need another repetition of the teacher teaching it, to get their homework done, they can get the help they need. Just click on the math level your student is and click on the lesson, located on the left-hand side. https://www.americanprep.org/math-and-reading-lessons/
After School Programs
Hello WV2 Sistema Families!
We are so happy to see our amazing Sistema Utah students this afternoon! It’s hard to believe that there are only six weeks left to work with our Sistema students before school ends. The good news is that we have A LOT going on to help build up our students musically and to inspire them over the summer.
As our Sistema Utah “Take Flight” Spring Concert is 4 ½ weeks away, we will be beginning our rehearsals this week. It is also crucial that EACH Sistema Utah student – elementary and secondary – come each day of class so that they are ready to perform. Again, our special guest will be Alex Boye and your child will NOT want to miss this!
Please place the following dates on your calendars. Those that have an amended schedule will be required to be in attendance to each rehearsal to ensure that they are ready to perform our grand finale. Thank you for helping your child to be successful for this once-in-a-lifetime concert.
- THIS Thursday, April 21st 3-4 p.m. – Rehearsal
- Wednesday, April 27th 3-4 p.m. – Rehearsal
- Thursday, May 5th 3-4:30 p.m. – Rehearsal (entire program – not just grand finale)
- Tuesday, May 10th 4-6 p.m. – Grand Finale Recording – EACH student needs to be present so that we have all necessary voices for our recording that we will be sending to Mr. Boye.
- Thursday, May 19th – Dress Rehearsal Day – ALL students will need to stay until 5 p.m. Mr. Boye will be coming to practice with us this day.
- Friday, May 20th – Rehearsal and Concert Day – ALL students will need to stay until after the concert finishes. Concert begins at 6 p.m. with doors opening at 5:30 p.m. Tickets will be available to order on May 1st. Each student will receive a limited number of tickets and everyone else will be able to watch the livestream.
Please be sure that your child brings their instrument to school daily if they bring it home to practice. We have the same expectation as the daytime that each student is prepared with their materials daily. That means that every student needs to have their instrument and any music with them for their instrument class.
We have started utilizing our Sistema Google classrooms for your child’s instrument and singing classes. Each student has been invited to join their respective classrooms. There is a video that they need to push play on and practice along with. This will help them to be prepared for our upcoming concert.
We will be sending out three Sign Up Genius volunteer opportunities this week as well. We would appreciate your help to have our events be successful. Below are the volunteer opportunities:
- Afterschool Professionals Week April 25-29th – We LOVE our afterschool staff and there is a National week to celebrate all of the amazing things that they do. Please sign up to bring a snack or dinner here.
- Concert Day – May 20th – We have many needs for ushering, clean up, passing out programs, etc.
- Lights Off – May 27th – We will need parent volunteers to help with booths, set up, clean up, etc. Are you passionate about a craft or super amazing at face painting? Email Mrs. Christensen to get added to our list firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you so much for your support!
APA ANNUAL DISTRICT SUPERHERO FUN RUN – SAVE THE DATE – New Venue and Time!
Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 7th – 10am at Oquirrh Lake Running Trail, South Jordan UT.
Join us for a 1k or 5K race, food trucks, silent auction, and fm100.3 with Rusty Keys! We welcome and humbly appreciate VOLUNTEER HELP! Especially Trail Marshals (PS Trail Marshals will receive a FREE T-SHIRT!) Volunteer Sign Up. Use the More details to come…