Builder Theme: I am a builder when I build with enthusiasm!
“I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message.” Steve Irwin
- September 12 & 13 – Fall Play Auditions
- September 13 – HS Girls Soccer vs. St. Joseph (Centennial Park Sports Complex) 4pm-5:30pm
- September 13 – HS Girls Volleyball vs UMA (Large Gym) 4:30pm-8pm
- September 13 – Virtual Empowerment 7pm-8:30pm
- September 14 – 4-6th grade Reading University Assembly (Small Gym) 8am-8:30am
- September 14 – K-3rd grade Reading University Assembly (Multipurpose Room) 8am-8:30am
- September 14 – WV3 Make Up Pictures 11am-2pm
- September 14 – 10th Grade “In it to Win it” (Scottsdale Park) 12:45-2:10pm
- September 15 – Fall Play Call Backs
- September 15 – Sistema Ensemble Day (Multipurpose Room) 2:35-3:50pm
- September 16 – Early Dismissal (SECONDARY ONLY) 12pm
- September 16 – Parent Intervention Conferences 12:30-4pm
- September 20 – HS Girls Volleyball at Waterford 4:30pm08:30pm
- September 21 – Senior Sunrise 6:45am-9am
- September 21 – SWYK Assembly (Small Gym) 8am-8:30am
School Contact Information
- Press 1 for Elementary Office
- Press 2 for Junior High Office & Secondary attendance
- Press 3 for High School Office
There are some changes and some clarifications I would also like to make everyone aware of at this time.
- There will be no fee for JH sports this year.
- All athletes are required to have a doctor’s physical before playing in their first game.
- There will be at least 2 teams; A team is 7/8th grade and C team 5/6th grade. Students can play up but cannot play down. If we have enough students there may be a 3rd, B team.
- We will not be providing transportation this year for JH sports due to transportation costs. We know this is very unfortunate and may be difficult for some but we encourage you to reach out to other parents and establish car pools for transportation.
If you are interested in helping out with these or any other sports please let me know. We are always in need of willing parents.
How the lottery works
Once you have applied for your student to attend our school, your online application will be held in the General Applicant Pool until such a time as we have a vacancy. Your application will then be included with all other applications in the General Applicant Pool in a random drawing to fill that vacancy. Students are accepted into charter schools by lottery, which is state mandated.
If you have applied and you don’t hear from us, it’s not too late to enroll at American Prep. We fill vacant seats up until the first day of school. You will be notified by phone or email if your student has been selected through the lottery. The registrar will not have any additional information.
Have you ever wanted to know who to contact within your prospective school location? Our website has valuable information you can use in order to reach the right person, so that you don’t feel like you have missed an opportunity to get your questions answered. Our updated Staff directory will give you all the information and allow you to reach us by email for Elementary, Junior High and High School. https://westvalley2.americanprep.org/
West Valley Food Service Employee
Wanna work part-time and be off when your kids are off – Come work in the lunchroom! APA parent preferred but not required. Spanish speakers preferred but not required.
- Pay $12 – $14/hr
- Days/Hours of work – Monday thru Friday 8am to 1pm
- Receive deliveries from ALL vendors (APA Central kitchen, milk, FFV, Snacks)
- Prepare & distribute Elementary lunches to students
- Prepare FFV program
- Prepare Snack program
- Help students w/out a lunch for the day
- Help co-workers with other duties as needed
- Parent customer service (assist with lunch applications, ordering)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Personal integrity and dependability
- Quick-paced, hard-working, high-energy personality
- Works and communicates well with others (co-workers, parents, students)
- Self Sufficient
- Basic computer skills – will train on specific programs we use (Hot Lunches Online, Google Sheets, Email, Skyward, etc.)
- Customer service skills
- Bilingual speaking preferred but not required
- Maintain the ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push, pull, and lift items weighing 50 lbs or less. Stand or walk 95% of the workday.
- Required to obtain a State of Utah Food Handlers Permit within 30 days of employment
Free Period Products
This year, our school is offering free period products (menstruation products) in our girls’ and all-gender bathrooms in compliance with recent legislation (H.B. 162). Period product dispensers have been installed, providing free menstruation products for our students. We ask parents or guardians to please discuss the need for and proper use of these products with their children who may need to use them, and ensure they know the products are free to use when needed.
September 17th is National Constitution Day where we celebrate the signing of THE Constitution in 1787. This year September 17th falls on a Saturday so we will be celebrating Constitution Day on Thursday, September 15th. Check-out our COUNTDOWN to Constitution Day on our American Prep Social Media page.
Watch for information coming home in your child’s learning plan on MONDAY and TUESDAY! We are excited to celebrate all week as families, as well as in school.
Please watch this very brief parent video about our exciting week of celebration.
Free Adult English Classes
Would you like to learn English? Would you like to improve your English speaking? Here is what classes are available:
- Tuesdays 2:40 pm-3:25 pm
- Thursdays 1:25 pm-2:25 pm
- Mondays and Fridays 2:25 pm – 3:10 pm
- Wednesdays 1:20 pm-2:10 pm
- In the PURPLE breakout room
Reading University Catalog Video
USBE Special Needs Scholarship Opportunity
School districts and Charter schools are required by Utah Law, 53A1a-704(10), to inform parents of students with IEPs enrolled in public schools, of the availability of a scholarship to attend a private school through the Carson Smith Scholarship Program. The Carson Smith Special Needs Scholarship Program (CSS) provides tuition assistance for those who would qualify for special education and related services in public schools, preschool eligible special needs students enrolled in ineligible private schools. The scholarship is for students through 12th grade (3-21 year of age), whose parents choose an eligible private school. For more information on the scholarship, deadline schedule and funding schedule, please visit https://www.schools.utah.gov/specialeducation/programs/carsonsmithscholarship