Builder Theme: I am a builder when I express gratitude in word and deed.
Good Read – Illustrated in full color. Mama Bear is tired of hearing how many Bearbie dolls Lizzy Bruin has and how many Game Bear video games Cousin Freddy just got. During a thunderstorm, Mama gets her cubs to realize that love and a good home are much more valuable than material possessions. – The Berenstain Bears Count Their Blessings by Stan and Jan Berenstain 🐻
Upcoming WV2 & WV3 Events
- October 28 – APA’s Got Talent Results Posted
- November 1st – APA’s Got Talent Semi-Finals 6pm – 7pm (Small Gym)
- November 3 and 4 – No Afterschool Programs (Parent-Teacher Conferences)
- November 4 – No School (Parent-Teacher Conference)
- November 5 – APEF Holiday Boutique
- November 8 – Veterans Day Reception (Multipurpose Room)
- November 8 – Veteran’s Day Assembly (Large Gym) 10am – 11am
- November 9 – Blood Drive (2nd Floor – Dance Room/Black Box 259) 11am – 5pm
School Contact Information
- Press 1 for Elementary Office
- Press 2 for Junior High Office & Secondary attendance
- Press 3 for High School Office
We are excited to announce our next Ambassador event (Celebrate!) for 5th grade which will be on Thursday November 3rd. If you are interested in volunteering please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note this event will be held during school hours at our campus.
- November 1 – 4th-6th Grade Field Trips
- November 2 – K – 3 Builders Assembly (Multipurpose Room) 8am – 8:30am
- November 2 – 4-6 Builders Assembly (Small Gym) 8am – 8:30am
- November 3 – 5th Grade Celebration (1st Floor – Small Gym) 11:30am – 2:05pm
- November 3 – Parent Teacher Conferences 3pm – 7pm
- November 9 – K-3 Reading University Assembly (Multipurpose Room) 8am – 830am
- November 9 – 4-6 Reading University Assembly (Small Gym) 8am – 8:30am
Get ready to boogie! The 12th Grade Student Government Leaders are hosting a Glow in the Dark Disco Dance! The dance will be on Friday, November 4th from 6-8pm in the West Valley 2 Small Gym. 10th, 11th, and 12th grade APA students can buy a ticket for $10 in the Character Development Office. See the flyer for more information: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1axiysSp4umsXSCBqqZRsJnOy4n00AO0h/view?usp=sharing
- October 31 – 11th & 12th grade Winterim Registration 10:30am – 11:45am
- November 2 – Secondary Builders Assembly (Large Gym) 12:45pm – 2pm
- November 3 – Parent teacher Conferences – 3pm – 6:30pm
- November 7 – 10th Grade Winterim Registration 10:30am – 11:15 am
- November 9 – 11th Grade Special Needs Dance (Tentative)
- November 9 – 11th Grade Service Project (Large Gym) 12:45pm – 2:10pm
- November 9 – 10th Grade Winterim registration 12:45pm – 2pm
Sistema Notes ♪
Congratulations to our Sistema Strings students for a job well done. On Friday, October 21st they performed with the Utah State University Symphony Orchestra. Our elementary Sistema Strings students performed Haydn’s “Surprise” Symphony with the USU orchestra. Our Secondary Sistema Strings students performed side-by-side with the orchestra as they played Dvorak’s “New World Symphony.” It was a magical evening that everyone will remember forever.
We have begun working on our Winter Concert music. It’s hard to believe that we are SIX WEEKS away from our performance! It is crucial for every Sistema student to attend regularly so that they can learn the music for this concert. We have a lot to do and are super excited to share our music with you. Please place Friday, December 9th at 6 p.m. on your calendars for our “Magic of Winter” concert. We will also be offering a live-streamed concert for those unable to attend as space will be limited.
We have a couple of No Sistema dates coming up this week due to parent-teacher conferences.
- Thursday, November 3rd: No Sistema – Elementary students will be dismissed at 2:35 p.m. and will need to get picked up then.
- Friday, November 4th: No School and No Sistema
Thank you so much for your support. Please email Mrs. Christensen with any questions you may have. email@example.com
Sports Corner 🏅
- November 7 – HS Basketball Tryouts (Small Gym) 3:30pm – 7:30pm
- November 8 – HS Basketball Tryouts (Large Gym) 3:30pm – 7:30pm
APA News ⭐
Please join us for APA’s 7th Annual Holiday Boutique!
We are excited to announce that the American Preparatory Education Foundation is hosting its 7th Annual Holiday Boutique fundraiser on Friday, November 4 (3-8pm) and Saturday, November 5 (9am-4pm) at our Draper 3 campus. Funds raised from vendor fees and student entrepreneur booths will go to the APA Teaching Excellence Fund, a private reserve that helps to attain and retain our amazing APA teachers.
If you haven’t attended the Holiday Boutique in the past, it’s a fun two-day event with performances by our students (we’ve already scheduled the Draper 3 Dance Team and Sistema students from West Valley 1 and West Valley 2 with more to come), a visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus with photos available at a very reasonable price, letters to Santa, activities for kids, fundraisers by APA teams and organizations, and much more. There will be a bake sale, a hot chocolate bar, and additional options for purchasing food. And in addition to that, we will have many local artisans and businesses selling their products and services. Please check our website frequently for updates.
Once again, we welcome our student entrepreneurs to have a booth for just $10. And APA parents and staff members will receive a discounted rate of $50. The vendor fee for all others is $65 through Friday, October 21 and goes up to $80 beginning Saturday, October 22.
A copy of the student entrepreneur booth application can be printed HERE and brought to your campus, or you can complete the online form by clicking HERE. All other vendors should fill out the online application found on our web site at www.americanprepfoundation.org/boutique.
This promises to be a fun family event. Please come and support our Foundation, our teachers, staff, and students, along with many local artisans and businesses!