Builder Theme: I am a builder when I express gratitude in word and deed.
Do you ever walk the halls and wonder, what are these decorations on the lockers?
Students come each day, they create memories, they work hard and realize that their future is only as good as the work they put in. These small details in the hall are only a part of a senior who celebrates the culmination of years of hard work and commitment. The team recognizes each senior’s contribution to the team and program, celebrates their athletic achievements, and acknowledges the support of their family and friends.
Aligning with our theme, we express our gratitude for all our seniors, who have made a positive impact in our school.
Upcoming WV2 & WV3 Events ★
- November 21 Fall Play Performance – (2nd Floor – Dance Room 259) 7pm-8pm
- November 23-25 Thanksgiving Break
School Contact Information
- Press 1 for Elementary Office
- Press 2 for Junior High Office & Secondary attendance
- Press 3 for High School Office
Elementary News ★
- November 22 – 4th grade Medieval Festival (Multipurpose Room) 1pm-3pm
- November 22 – Kindergarten Pilgrims Play (Small Gym) 1:30pm-3pm. There will be 3 performances. Teachers will communicate with your students.
- November 28 – Elementary Make Up Pictures
Secondary News ★
- November 22 – 8th Grade Winterim Registration 10:30am-11:15am
Character Development ★
Annual Donation Drive
We CAN Care! There’s a frosty nip in the air, and that means that APA’s multi-campus annual donation drive is just around the corner. Every campus, every grade, and every classroom will be working together to fight hunger!
This year we’ll be gathering food items to benefit the Utah Food Bank. The food bank provides 68.1 million meals a year to help feed those in need right here in our own state! Let’s show we care by making sure no one goes hungry this holiday season!
The donation drive kicks off December 1st and continues through December 16th. Students should bring donations to their homeroom or 4th period class. We accept CANS, boxes, or plastic-packaged food items. Please no glass, expired food, or perishable items.
Sistema Notes ♪
We have begun working on our Winter Concert music. It’s hard to believe that we are TWO AND A HALF WEEKS away from our performance! It is crucial for every Sistema student to attend regularly so that they can learn the music for this concert. We have a lot to do and are super excited to share our music with you. We invite you to attend our Winter Concert on Friday, December 9th, at 6 p.m., where we will celebrate the “Magic of Winter.” EVERY SISTEMA STUDENT WILL BE PARTICIPATING IN OUR WINTER CONCERT. In-person seating for the concert will be limited, so we are also offering a live-stream option. We also need volunteers for our concert. Please sign up here. We appreciate your support!
We want to ensure everyone has our upcoming events and rehearsals on their family calendars. Please make a note of the following for November. We have also included the schedule for our December rehearsals and concert as well. We have also had a couple of campus revisions to the originally proposed school calendar that was shared with all of our Sistema families in August. We have included an updated calendar for you. Please note that December 19-20th there WILL be Sistema. We will have our no missing homework incentive on Monday, December 19th so the students will not want to miss this!
- Wednesday, November 23-25th – No Sistema – Thanksgiving Break
- Monday, December 5th 4pm-5pm Rehearsal of “Wizards in Winter” with all Students
- Wednesday, December 7th 2:45 pm-5pm – Dress Rehearsal for Sistema Concert
- Thursday, December 8th – Normal schedule. FInal day to polish concert songs. Everyone needs to attend their instrument and singing classes.
- Friday, December 9th – Winter Concert 6pm – Doors open 5:30 pm. Students will be in rehearsal from 3:35 – 5:30pm. We will feed them a light dinner.
For those who cannot attend in person, we will be offering a live stream to view the concert. We have special guests coming to our concert and have counted on all of our students to be in attendance for our grand finale song. We need every student to attend – Thank you for your support! Concert Dress – Elem students: M-TH Uniform Secondary Students: Concert Black
Thank you so much for your support. Please email Mrs. Christensen with any questions you may have. email@example.com
Sports Corner ★
- November 21 – HS Girls Basketball Practice (Large Gym) 3:30pm-5:30pm
- November 21 – JH ⅚ Girls Club Open Gym (Small Gym) 3:30-5:30 pm
- November 21 – HS Boys Basketball Practice (Large Gym) 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- November 22 – HS Boys Basketball at Wendover HS 4:30pm-8pm
- November 22 – HS Girls Basketball at Merit Preparatory Academy 5:30pm-7pm
- November 23 – HS Girls Basketball Practice (Large Gym) 2:30pm – 4:30pm
- November 23 – HS Boys Basketball vs Tintic (Large Gym) 5:30pm-8:30pm
- November 28 – JH 7 & 8 Boys and Girls Basketball Open Gym (Small Gym) 3:30pm-7pm
- November 28 – HS Girls Basketball Practice (Large Gym) 3:30pm-5:30pm
- November 28 – HS Boys Basketball Practice (Large Gym) 5:30pm-7:30pm
APA News ★
Join us for this year’s WV3 Fall play “Macbeth” by William Shakespeare. It will be performed on November 21st. Tickets are $8 for students or $10 for general admission which will be sold at the door. We hope to see you there! Black Box Theatre
American Prep Families★
Last week, one of our WV3 students suffered the sudden loss of her mother. Due to their familial situation, she is left to care for herself with the help of her brother, a 2020 APA graduate. They are responsible for all financial obligations and funeral expenses, as well as caring for younger members of the family.
We would like to help alleviate a bit of their stress and financial burden. The American Preparatory Education Foundation will be making a contribution to the family through our Hardship Fund. The Hardship Fund was developed for APA parents to help APA community members when facing a severe hardship. Funds in this account are distributed to APA community members as directed by the Board of Directors when they are notified of a critical need in the community. Needs may include costs for excessive medical care, funeral costs, or costs from other extreme situations. More information about the Hardship Fund can be found at www.americanprepfoundation.org/hardship-fund.
We have also set up a fundraising platform, allowing our APA community to contribute to the family. To make a donation using a credit card, please go to www.americanprepfoundation.org/wv3hardship.
You can also make a donation through Venmo using the ID @FriendsofAPA. Cash and check (made payable to APEF) donations can be left with your school’s secretary. These options will assist in providing donations with zero or reduced fees. Donors have the opportunity to donate anonymously if they wish. 100% of the donations received from our APA community for this fundraiser will go to the family.
Please consider contributing any amount to help our APA family. Your generosity and compassion are very much appreciated.