Builder Theme: I am a builder when I think positive thoughts about myself and others.
“The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.”
Upcoming WV2 & WV3 Events ★
- Monday, January 23 – Parent Graduation Night – 6:00pm
- Friday, January 27 – HS Boys Basketball vs. Waterford – 5:30pm – 8:30pm at Waterford
- Thursday, February 2 – 5th Grade Western Roundup Event – During school hours
Parent Graduation Night
Parents of seniors, please join us on Monday, January 23 at 6pm to get all the details for our Graduation. It is important that we have at least one parent or guardian in attendance with your student. See you then!
School Contact Information
- Press 1 for Elementary Office
- Press 2 for Junior High Office & Secondary attendance
- Press 3 for High School Office
Secondary News ★
- Wright Driving School (Date Change): American Prep is excited to have Wright Driving School to provide driver’s education to our secondary students, again this year. This course will begin on March 5th and run until March 16th. Wright Driving provides a 9-day course for 2 hours after school each day. The cost is $280 and is paid directly to Wright Driving School. If you’d like to sign up to be a part of this class, you can do so at the High School Office. If you have any questions about the course, please feel free to email or call Wright Driving School at the information below. There will be one more class offered this year, in May. 801-209-2328 email@example.com wrightdrivingschool.com
Counselor’s office ★
Teen class for mood regulation
Do you believe your teen might be dealing with mild depressive symptoms? Salt Lake Youth Services has a free class to help. Youth learn to practice changing their actions to manage their moods, increase their participation in enjoyable/positive activities, practice changing habitual thought patterns, and prepare to manage future life stressors with confidence. Participants are taught to apply skills in their daily lives through in-session exercises and weekly home practice assignments. As a result of participation in ME Time, youth will experience reduced depressive symptoms and decreased risk of substance use. ME Time is a free 6-week program for teens held online or in person. **Participants who complete this series will receive a gift card!
Text or call Jodi Rushton – 910-518-0598
Enrollment ★ (Repeat)
2023-2024 Priority Enrollment
Hello APA Families, we are now accepting enrollment applications and the lottery for next school year has begun!
- NEW SIBLINGS: Must be 5yrs old by September 1st, 2023 to qualify for enrollment- no exceptions to this rule. This application is for brothers or sisters of students currently attending one of American Prep Schools.
http://www.americanprep.org/enrollment Code: sibling2023
- TRANSFERING to a different American Prep Campus, Request will be processed in the order that they are received, sibling priority taken into consideration. Open seats are limited, so please be sure to get on the transfer waitlist before new student’s lotteries begin in January 2023. Even if you have requested a transfer before, you NEED to fill it out again. Students may transfer between American Prep campuses on a case-by-case priority basis, depending on availability at the receiving campus.
http://www.americanprep.org/enrollment Code: transfer2023
- WV1 Campus students ENTERING into 7th GRADE on 2023-2024 School year: 6th graders will automatically have a seat reserved at West Valley 3 Campus; Students will need to meet the requirements of the APA promotion policy and attend WV3 Mandatory Enrollment meeting. You do not need to request a transfer, unless you are requesting a transfer to the Draper 3 Campus.
- RE-Enrollment for Current APA-WV2 & WV3 Students: The Re-enrollment code for next year will be given to you at the “Celebration of Excellence” enrollment meeting held in February 2023.
- New Families: Lotteries began this month! americanprep.org/enrollment
Celebration of Excellence Meetings Schedule: Only one meeting per family needs to be attended. Please pick a date and put it on your calendar.
- Saturday, February 4th at 9am – Secondary
- Tuesday, February 7th at 8:30am – Elementary
- Tuesday February 7th at 1pm – Kindergarten
- Thursday, February 9th at 8:30am – Elementary
- Thursday, February 9th at 9:30am – Secondary
- Thursday, February 9th at 1:00pm – Secondary
- Thursday, February 9th at 5:00pm – Elementary
- Saturday, February 11th at 9:00am – Elementary
- Monday, February 13th at 8:30am – Secondary
- Monday, February 13th at 6:00pm – Secondary
More details regarding COE meetings will be included in next week’s newsletter.
We are looking forward to a great 2023-2024 School year!
Sistema Notes ♪
Welcome to this week of incredible music-making in Sistema Utah! We have begun to learn our pieces for our end-of-year concert in May! Please ensure that your child is attending their Sistema classes daily so that they don’t fall behind in their classes. If your child is sick or has a previously scheduled appointment during afterschool hours, please call the Sistema office to let us know 385-351-3090 x 1139 or email Mrs. Christensen firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are excited to bring back Ensemble Day Thursdays which began last Thursday, January 19th. As we have our second and third periods longer on Thursdays, please refer to the dismissal times below:
- Sistema After School Dismissal Times
- 1st Period: M/T/F-4:25pm, W-3:25pm, Th-3:00pm
- 2nd Period: M/T/F-5:08pm, W-4:08pm, Th-4:00pm
- 3rd Period: M/T/F-5:51pm, W-4:51pm, Th-5:00pm
- 4th Period: M/T/F-5:51pm, W-4:51pm, Th:5:00pm
- Homework time goes until 6:30pm M/T/F and 5:30pm W/Th
Please check your child’s learning plan daily to make sure they are staying current with their homework. Our no-missing homework incentive will be on Friday, February 17th. Your child will not want to miss this!
Please place the following dates on your calendar as we have some No Sistema (No School) days coming up:
- Friday, February 10th – No Sistema – Elementary Grading Day
- Thursday, February 16th – Bach Buck Store
- Friday, February 17th – No Missing Homework Incentive
Thank you all for your support. We sure appreciate our Sistema students and their families!
Sports Corner ★
- Friday, January 27 – HS Boys Basketball vs. Waterford 5:30pm – 8:30pm at Waterford
Character Development ★
- Howdy all! We are so excited to announce our upcoming 5th grade Western Round Up event. It will be on Thursday February 2nd during school hours. Your 5th grader won’t want to miss this event!