Builder Theme: I am a builder when I quickly acknowledge mistakes and humbly make amends.
“Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.”
– Bruce Lee
Upcoming WV2 & WV3 Events ★
- Friday, March 10 – The Drowsy Chaperone Musical: 7pm in the small gym
- Saturday, March 11 – The Drowsy Chaperone Musical: 2pm and 7pm in the small gym
- Monday, March 13 – The Drowsy Chaperone Musical: 7pm in the small gym
- March 20-24 – Staff Appreciation Week
- Tuesday, March 21 – Early release day 12pm – ALL STUDENTS
School Contact Information
- Administrative Director 385-351-3090 x1131
- Press 1 for Elementary Office
- Press 2 for Junior High Office & Secondary attendance
- Press 3 for High School Office
WV2 & WV3 ★
APA Families, the Shelter In Place that occurred on Wednesday this past week was not a drill. We just wanted to explain our policy during a Shelter In Place. When we have a Shelter in Place it is due to there being a threat in the local area and there will be no authorized entry or exit from our school. We will continue our normal activities that take place inside of the school. No students or staff will be authorized to leave the building, and nobody will be authorized to enter the building until we receive a call from the WVPD informing us that our Shelter in Place has been lifted. When a Shelter in Place occurs, will do our best to send out a message as soon as possible via school messenger informing all families of our students that we are in a Shelter in Place and will send an additional message once it has been lifted so you know when you are able to pick up your student(s).
Uniforms and cold weather clothing: Parents, as your students have been growing this last year their uniforms may not be fitting properly. Please check skirt length, pant fit, shoes, etc. and ensure the uniform is a proper fit for your student. If you need help with replacing uniform items, please reach out to the school for assistance. Additionally, please ensure your students are remembering to wear coats, hats and gloves to school each day during these colder months. If you need help with these items, please contact the school.
The Drowsy Chaperone Musical: Come one, come all! Purchase your tickets TODAY to the APA West Valley Drama Department’s musical The Drowsy Chaperone! There will music, dancing and LOTS of laughter. Tickets are $10 per adult and $8 per student. The show will run Friday, March 10th at 7 p.m., Saturday, March 11th at 2 p.m. AND 7 p.m. and Monday, March 13th at 7 p.m. It’s a musical within a comedy! Purchase tickets by clicking here: https://our.show/apawv3-musical See you there!
NC Marks in Secondary/Attendance School: As a reminder, if a student has more than three tardies (T marks) in a class their grade turns to an NC or no credit mark and they do not receive credit fo the class unless they remove tardies through attending Saturday school. Likewise, if they have more than three unexcused absences (X marks) where they missed class but a parent did not notify us of the absence they would receive an NC mark until it is recovered through attending Saturday school. Please refer to the parent/student handbook for specifics about how to remove T and X marks. Saturday school is always from 8am until 11am. Students must arrive prior to 8am (doors lock at 8am and will not be opened) and must be picked up by 11am. Our next Saturday school offerings will be:
March 4, 2023
March 11, 2023
March 18, 2023
March 25, 2023
Springville Museum of Art- High School Art Show
Congratulations to 11th grade student Sheyla Martinez, whose artwork was selected for inclusion in the 2023 Springville Museum of Art High School Art Show! This is a prestigious art show, in which art work is juried just to make it in to the show. Congratulations, Sheyla! The High School Art Show will be open for viewing through March 24th.
APA Families, we are seeing a lot of uniform violations this year and we would like to ask for your help with ensuring your students are aware of the dress code, follow it and understand that they will not be allowed to attend class if they are in violation. When this occurs, if their uniform is being worn inappropriately or they are not wearing the correct uniform attire, they will receive a warning the first time and will be expected to correct it. If they are in violation after the first warning they will be written up. If a uniform violation cannot be corrected, emergency contacts will be notified and the student will sit at the front office until someone picks them up or brings them the correct uniform items. The majority of the violations we see are the following:
- Male pants being worn below their waist
- Incorrect footwear
- Female skirts being worn well above the knee
- Blouses and shirts not being tucked in
- Name tags missing
- Wearing jeans instead of the correct uniform pants
Please have your students review the APA uniform policy and ensure they are dressed appropriately each day.
Counselor’s office ★
Do you have children that are struggling with anxiety or depression?
Do they often act agitated, sad or angry?
Do they worry excessively, feel restless, or have trouble concentrating?
Do they complain of stomach aches, headaches or lack of energy?
Join us at a Free Empowering Youth for Parents workshop on February 25th at 3:30 pm and 4:30 pm. You may register at this link: https://forms.gle/XnyruFb7tAEFd6nD8
If you have questions, please contact Rachell Reid for more information: email@example.com
Enrollment ★ (Repeat)
Enrollment applications and the lottery for the 2023-2024 school year are open!
- NEW SIBLINGS: Must be 5yrs old by September 1st, 2023 to qualify for enrollment- no exceptions to this rule. This application is for brothers or sisters of students currently attending one of American Prep Schools.
http://www.americanprep.org/enrollment Code: sibling2023
- TRANSFERING to a different American Prep Campus, Request will be processed in the order that they are received, sibling priority taken into consideration. Open seats are limited, so please be sure to get on the transfer waitlist before new student’s lotteries begin in January 2023. Even if you have requested a transfer before, you NEED to fill it out again. Students may transfer between American Prep campuses on a case-by-case priority basis, depending on availability at the receiving campus.
http://www.americanprep.org/enrollment Code: transfer2023
- WV1 Campus students ENTERING into 7th GRADE on 2023-2024 School year: 6th graders will automatically have a seat reserved at West Valley 3 Campus; Students will need to meet the requirements of the APA promotion policy and attend WV3 Mandatory Enrollment meeting. You do not need to request a transfer, unless you are requesting a transfer to the Draper 3 Campus.
- RE-Enrollment for Current APA-WV2 & WV3 Students: The Re-enrollment code for next year will be given to you at the “Celebration of Excellence” enrollment meetings held in February 2023.
Kindergarten assessments will be held on Friday, May 26th at 8:30am. At this time you may bring your student’s birth certificate, vaccination record and any other documentation that is needed, such as an IEP or 504.
If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail Ms. Guastella at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to a great 2023-2024 School year!
Sistema Notes ♪
Welcome back from Mid-Winter Break! We have missed our Sistema students and are excited to have them back with us. This term is going to go by even faster than our previous term as we only have the month of March before Spring Break.
We have been working hard to learn our pieces for our end-of-year concert in May – hooray! Please ensure that your child attends their Sistema classes daily, so they don’t fall behind in their classes. If your child is sick or has a previously scheduled appointment during afterschool hours, please call the Sistema office to let us know 385-351-3090 x 1139 or email Mrs. Christensen email@example.com. Each student has been invited to a Google classroom for instrument and singing classes. If your child has to miss Sistema or would like to practice at home, they can pull up their respective Google classroom at home. This can be accessed through their APA student email account.
We are excited to announce that we had over 100 students eligible to participate in our pizza party no missing homework incentive that we held on February 17th. This is a record-breaking high – way to go students!!
Our most advanced students have the opportunity this week to participate in a Jazz music workshop with our guest artist Shana Tucker from North Carolina! If your child is eligible to attend this workshop will come home today with a permission form that is due TOMORROW, FEBRUARY 28th. This workshop will be for three hours daily March 1-3rd with a concert at 6 p.m. this Friday. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that they will not want to miss!
For the month of March we have a few NO SISTEMA days which are as follows:
- March 16-17: No Sistema – Parent-Teacher Conferences
- March 21: No Sistema – Professional Development
- March 22: No Sistema – Staff Appreciation Luncheon
Thank you all for your support. We sure appreciate our Sistema students and their families!
Sports Corner ★
Character Development ★
- For Volunteering opportunities please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org