Builder Theme: I am a builder when I think positive thoughts about myself and others.
“The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.”
Upcoming WV2 & WV3 Events ★
- Saturday, January 21 Blizzard Ball K-12 Family Dance – 4:30pm-6:30pm
School Contact Information
- Press 1 for Elementary Office
- Press 2 for Junior High Office & Secondary attendance
- Press 3 for High School Office
Secondary News ★
- Friday, January 20th – Winter Dance 6pm-7pm
The UCA Governing Board will review proposed fees for each American Prep school for the 2023-2024 School Year. Parents may review the proposed fees and have an opportunity to share thoughts or concerns for Board members to consider before approving these fees.
Please take some time to review the fees your local school proposed. You can find the related documents on the American Prep School Fee webpage:
There are opportunities for public comment specific to these proposed fees at their scheduled board meetings held at the American Preparatory Schools District Office located at 12894 S. Pony Express Rd. Unit 600, Draper, UT, on the following dates beginning at 7:00 PM:
- January 26th, 2022
Board meeting information is available at https://www.americanprep.org/american-prep/uca-agenda-and-minutes/.”
Counselor’s office ★
Teen class for mood regulation
Do you believe your teen might be dealing with mild depressive symptoms? Salt Lake Youth Services has a free class to help. Youth learn to practice changing their actions to manage their moods, increase their participation in enjoyable/positive activities, practice changing habitual thought patterns, and prepare to manage future life stressors with confidence. Participants are taught to apply skills in their daily lives through in-session exercises and weekly home practice assignments. As a result of participation in ME Time, youth will experience reduced depressive symptoms and decreased risk of substance use. ME Time is a free 6-week program for teens held online or in person. **Participants who complete this series will receive a gift card!
Text or call Jodi Rushton – 910-518-0598
Enrollment ★ (Repeat)
2023-2024 Priority Enrollment
Hello APA Families, we are now accepting enrollment applications and the lottery for next school year has begun!
- NEW SIBLINGS: Must be 5yrs old by September 1st, 2023 to qualify for enrollment- no exceptions to this rule. This application is for brothers or sisters of students currently attending one of American Prep Schools.
http://www.americanprep.org/enrollment Code: sibling2023
- TRANSFERING to a different American Prep Campus, Request will be processed in the order that they are received, sibling priority taken into consideration. Open seats are limited, so please be sure to get on the transfer waitlist before new student’s lotteries begin in January 2023. Even if you have requested a transfer before, you NEED to fill it out again. Students may transfer between American Prep campuses on a case-by-case priority basis, depending on availability at the receiving campus.
http://www.americanprep.org/enrollment Code: transfer2023
- WV1 Campus students ENTERING into 7th GRADE on 2023-2024 School year: 6th graders will automatically have a seat reserved at West Valley 3 Campus; Students will need to meet the requirements of the APA promotion policy and attend WV3 Mandatory Enrollment meeting. You do not need to request a transfer, unless you are requesting a transfer to the Draper 3 Campus.
- RE-Enrollment for Current APA-WV2 & WV3 Students: The Re-enrollment code for next year will be given to you at the “Celebration of Excellence” enrollment meeting held in February 2023.
- New Families: Lotteries began this month! americanprep.org/enrollment
Celebration of Excellence Meetings Schedule: Only one meeting per family needs to be attended. Please pick a date and put it on your calendar.
- Saturday, February 4th at 9am – Secondary
- Tuesday, February 7th at 8:30am – Elementary
- Tuesday February 7th at 1pm – Kindergarten
- Thursday, February 9th at 8:30am – Elementary
- Thursday, February 9th at 9:30am – Secondary
- Thursday, February 9th at 1:00pm – Secondary
- Thursday, February 9th at 5:00pm – Elementary
- Saturday, February 11th at 9:00am – Elementary
- Monday, February 13th at 8:30am – Secondary
- Monday, February 13th at 6:00pm – Secondary
More details regarding COE meetings will be included in next week’s newsletter.
We are looking forward to a great 2023-2024 School year!
Sistema Notes ♪
- Saturday, January 21 – Sistema Suzuki Convention 7am-5pm in the multi-purpose room, misc classrooms and Elementary Foyer
Sports Corner ★
- Friday, January 20 – Boys and Girls Basketball vs. St Joseph (White Out) 2:30pm – 8:30pm in the Large Gym
Spark Spirit ★
- Reminder that all SPARK SPIRIT entries for this year are due Friday, January 20th. If you need an entry form, please pick one up from the art teacher. In order for your entry to be considered , it needs to adhere to the rules. Remember your design should be no more than two colors. You can submit your entry through your art teacher, character development teacher or by emailing it to email@example.com . The chosen design will be announced January 27th. Have fun and get creative sparking school spirit!