Builder Theme: I am a builder when I look for ways to serve others.
“The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others.” – Albert Schweitzer
“Wishing you ALL an awesome break, that’s merry and bright!”
Upcoming WV2 & WV3 Events ★
- Monday, December 19 – Daniel’s Fund with Catherine 10:30 am – 11:45 am
- Tuesday, December 20 – End of Term 2
- Wednesday, December 21 – January 3rd WINTER BREAK
School Contact Information
- Press 1 for Elementary Office
- Press 2 for Junior High Office & Secondary attendance
- Press 3 for High School Office
Secondary News ★
- Tuesday, December 20 – Secondary End of Term 2
The UCA Governing Board will review proposed fees for each American Prep school for the 2023-2024 School Year. Parents may review the proposed fees and have an opportunity to share thoughts or concerns for Board members to consider before approving these fees.
Please take some time to review the fees your local school proposed. You can find the related documents on the American Prep School Fee webpage:
There are two opportunities for public comment specific to these proposed fees at their scheduled board meetings held at the American Preparatory Schools District Office located at 12894 S. Pony Express Rd. Unit 600, Draper, UT, on the following dates beginning at 7:00 PM:
- December 15th, 2022, and
- January 26th, 2022
Board meeting information is available at https://www.americanprep.org/american-prep/uca-agenda-and-minutes/.”
Counselor’s office ★
Teen class for mood regulation
Do you believe your teen might be dealing with mild depressive symptoms? Salt Lake Youth Services has a free class to help. Youth learn to practice changing their actions to manage their moods, increase their participation in enjoyable/positive activities, practice changing habitual thought patterns, and prepare to manage future life stressors with confidence. Participants are taught to apply skills in their daily lives through in-session exercises and weekly home practice assignments. As a result of participation in ME Time, youth will experience reduced depressive symptoms and decreased risk of substance use. ME Time is a free 6-week program for teens held online or in person. **Participants who complete this series will receive a gift card!
Text or call Jodi Rushton – 910-518-0598
Enrollment ★ (Repeat)
2023-2024 Priority Enrollment
Hello APA Families, we are now accepting applications for NEW SIBLINGS (brothers & sisters only) and TRANSFERS. Lotteries for next school year will begin in January 2023.
- NEW SIBLINGS: Must be 5yrs old by September 1st, 2023 to qualify for enrollment- no exceptions to this rule. This application is for brothers or sisters of students currently attending one of American Prep Schools.
http://www.americanprep.org/enrollment Code: sibling2023
- TRANSFERING to a different American Prep Campus, Request will be processed in the order that they are received, sibling priority taken into consideration. Open seats are limited, so please be sure to get on the transfer waitlist before new student’s lotteries begin in January 2023. Even if you have requested a transfer before, you NEED to fill it out again. Students may transfer between American Prep campuses on a case-by-case priority basis, depending on availability at the receiving campus.
http://www.americanprep.org/enrollment Code: transfer2023
- WV1 Campus students ENTERING into 7th GRADE on 2023-2024 School year: 6th graders will have a seat reserved at West Valley 3 Campus; however, students will need to meet the requirements of the APA promotion policy and attend WV3 Mandatory Enrollment meeting. You do not need to request a transfer, unless you are requesting a transfer to the Draper 3 Campus.
- RE-Enrollment for Current APA-WV2 & WV3 Students: The Re-enrollment code for next year will be given to you at the “Celebration of Excellence” enrollment meeting held in the spring of 2023.
- New Families: Lotteries will begin in January 2023, americanprep.org/enrollment
We are looking forward to a great 2023-2024 School year!
Sistema Notes ♪
- Monday, December 19 – Sistema Term 2 No missing work Incentive 4 pm – 5:30 pm
Sports Corner ★
- Tuesday, December 20 – HS Boys Basketball vs North Sevier (Large Gym) 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm